The oil with history as interesting as its action. Did you hear about thieves oil – perfect for viruses, bacteria, and fungus? Check out how it works and what you can gain by adding it to the aromatic bath!
What is thieves oil?
It’s in fact a mix of six natural essential oils. Each of them used separately has great cleansing and disinfecting power and when combined in the right proportions they become an antibacterial and antiseptic substance with enormous power. It’s a perfect treatment for all skin imperfections and a unique shield against pollution.
Thieves oil – the legend that precedes its fame
Once upon a time, in medieval Europe, there was the Great Plague that rolled across the European continent. The mortality rate has been overwhelming. The tragedy that has happened to people has been cleverly exploited by 4 thieves who robbed the houses of the people who died due to the plague. Somehow the thieves have not fallen sick. As it turns out, the secret to their great health was a mix of natural oils with antibacterial action: clove, lemon, cinnamon bark and leaves, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
The thieves have rubbed the oil into their hands, temples, feet, and lips and eyes area. To the plague, they have been untouchable. When this precedence has been revealed, the thieves’ recipe has been used by doctors who since then on started wearing characteristic masks with ‘beak’, which were filled with rags soaked with essential oils.
The composition of thieves oil
- clove oil – antibacterial oil that improves mood and calms stress;
- lemon oil – disinfects, refreshes, and has therapeutic action; its fresh pleasant scent relaxes and gives energy boost;
- cinnamon oil – antibacterial oil with disinfecting and antifungal action;
- eucalyptus oil – indicates antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal action;
- rosemary oil – works as an antioxidant, it was used as a disinfectant for the wounds;
- cinnamon bark oil – antiseptic that warms up, stimulates blood circulation, tightens, and disinfects.
Thieves oil – the properties
- is antibacterial and antiseptic
- cleanses mind and body
- helps eliminate acne
- gets rid of dandruff
- helps with excess feet sweating
- refreshes the room
- is perfect for aromatherapy (calms stress and tension)
How to use thieves oil?
Mix 5-8 drops of oil with 30 ml of water, then pour it into essential oil burner and heat up.
To the bathtub filled with warm water add 5-10 drops of thieves oil. The mix smells great and relaxes the mind and body.
Combine 3 drops of thieves oil with natural oil fo choice (argan, almond, jojoba). Massage the skin and allow yourself to be relaxed by the fragrance.
As a scent for the body, clothes, and room.
Thieves oil – how else can you use it?
Hardly anyone knows that thieves oil is perfect for the scalp refreshment. You can also add it to the cosmetics for feet and use it for a refreshing bath for tired and sore feet. The oils will refresh, work as an antiseptic, and relax you with their scent while cleansing the skin and air from bacteria and fungus.